Our company believes in giving back to the community. We have supported many community causes and organizations through volunteer leadership, sponsorships, and in kind donations. We strongly believe that the community needs to have a vibrant economy in order for the properties we manage to have the most success. Few, if any other, management companies show this commitment to the health of the Ocala/Marion County market. Our involvement is evident by being the only real estate management company to be featured in both the 2004 publication, Ocala/Marion County, A Way of Life, and the 2007 publication, Historic Ocala, A Story of Ocala & Marion County. Ellison Property Management, Inc. is a member of the Ocala/Marion County Chamber of Commerce where Dwayne L. Carlton, CPM served as the 2002 Chairman of the Board of Directors. In addition, Carlton has served on many committees and task forces for environmental issues, land development regulations, downtown development, and youth sports:
- Currently serves on the Board of Directors of the Chamber & Economic Partnership (CEP).
- Member of the joint Economic Development Council/Chamber of Commerce task force that recommended and implemented the merger of the two organizations.
- Founding member of the Heart of Florida Regional Coalition.
- Graduate of Leadership Ocala/Marion and served on its Board of Regents for several years.
- Received the 2009 “Jim Lowry Award” from the Ocala/Marion County Economic Development Council for leadership in working to have Marion County add an “Economic Element” to its Comprehensive Plan to adequately identify and plan for future business/commerce parks to increase local employment opportunities.
- Volunteered as the “Building Chair” for the Ocala/Marion County Chamber of Commerce to work with the City of Ocala in reaching a solution to relocate the Chamber headquarters from its location on the square to make land available for downtown redevelopment. Carlton’s work beginning in 2002 resulted in the relocation of the Chamber to its new headquarters, next to City Hall, in 2009.
- Served as the project manager in the renovation of the new Chamber headquarters.
- Served on the Mayor’s Blue Ribbon Task Force to study the issue of the preservation of the old City Auditorium and make recommendations to the Ocala City Council.
- Member of the Environmental Advisory Committee for the Southwest Florida Water Management District.
- Chairman of the Marion County Aquifer and Springs Protection Task Force.
- Served on the Executive Committee of the Marion County Water Resource Assessment and Management Study.
- Served on the original Board of Directors of the Rotary Sportsplex of Marion County and acted as the construction co-chair in developing the eighty acre youth sports complex located on Maricamp Road.